If you are a music lover and own an iPod / iPhone / Computer, then you should give this fantastic Dock a chance by testing it.
It is not only a comfortable audiophile Source, but convinces also with versatility.
Unfortunately the analog-output of iPods/iPhones is not comparable with the audiophile soundquality, which is possible if the data are precisely acquired in digital format from a high-quality
Dock. Because if this audiostream is converted from a good DAC into the analog format and auditioned with a good hifi set, then some audiophile magic-moments can be experienced.
This is the best sounding ipod Dock available, with true audiophile digital readout and transfer.
This dockingstation is technically excellent crafted, works superb and is a real opportunity.
Audio files of the iPods/iPhones are read out and transmitted digitally from the Docking
differences between the AQVOX and the stock version:
AQVOX Low-Noise Powersupply (~140-260V 50/60 Hz) (also available separately, please ask)
et. al. improved COAX-Output ( from 90 Ohm to 75
Ohm corrected )
A clearly audible improvement compared to the stock-powersupply will be achieved with the instead provided
The COAX-Output should be preferred to the TOSlink-Output,
and the use of a quality COAX Digitalcable ist required.
A test of the excellent AQVOX COAX Digitalcable is recommended.
The sound quality of most downloadable songs is wors compared to slowly self ripped CD´s.
For optimum sound quality the files should be safed in Apple Lossless, AIFF or WAV.
!! Lossy formats like MP3 and the like should be avoided.
Ideal, for supplying DAC´and other devices with COAX or TOSlink input with audio-files from Computer via USB. This is called streaming and works up to 48kHz 16bit ( CD is 44.1kHz 16bit ).
iTunes via remote: the provided remote lets control also the Computer, very comfortable !
no drivers required for USB-connection to Windows ,Apple Mac , Linux
- Easily Links iPod iPhone ( models see below ) by inserting into the dock
- USB-Digital/Digital-converter function up to 48kHz 16bit ( USB to SPdif ) no drivers required for Win,Mac,Linux
- iPod / iPhone Digital output max 44.1kHz 16bit
- High-Precision Circuit Clock (±10 ppm) for Precise Digital Processing
- Works with Onkyo A/V Systems with USB Port and Audio/Video Terminals
- iPod Video Playback
- iTunes Sync/Unsync Switch
- Audio Selector (iPod/PC)
- Resume Music and Video Playback Function
- Shuffle Function for Random Playback of Songs/Albums
- Repeat Function (1 Track/All)
- Auto Power On
- Digital Outputs, Optical & Coax max 44.1/48kHz 16bit, (CD is 44.1kHz 16bit)
- USB Port USB1.1, 48kHz 16bit, no drivers required Win / Mac / Linux
- Composite Video Output
- Direct Change (Automatically Switches Input Source to iPod)
- iPod Recharging Function
- iR Remote, simple and little included
- optional Remote Control Operability via Onkyo A/V System's RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control
- W× H × D: 205 × 35 × 175 mm
- Power consumption 3.5 Watt
ATTENTION: in any case an firmware Update is recommended for the Apple device.
- iPod touch all
- iPod classic
- iPod ab Generation 5.
- iPod nano all - except 5, here the navigation in playlists is not possible
- iPhone 3 & 4
If in doubt, simply make a test or request.